Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Smart" TVs

in a world of phones that talk back, it may be possible that one day soon, our TV sets will be able to do the same. never having had to stream through the internet, I recently connected through to Crackle and Hulu on my PS3 for the first time, as I've decided to cancel cable due to the fact that I'm never home. while the content streamed quickly and with few glitches, I was unaccustomed to the standard definition, as HD has now become the default choice for most. notwithstanding, it served my purpose of content surfing, and for no cost, I certainly couldn't beat the price.

which leads me to wonder - with only 14 million or so American households now connected (Parks Associates, market research), at what point will the value proposition of "smart" TVs be more attractive to consumers (on the whole) than what they currently use/have?

No comments:

Post a Comment